Friday, January 19, 2007

"The smallness of our politics"


He begins with a great idea: the smallness of our politics. Hear it from the Barackstar himself.

My review. Three stars. He looks casual and confident. I think when he goes official in February he should wear a tie (maybe borrow a bow-tie from the Paul Simon museum). I can't make out what is in the background. I think it is either a railing to a balcony with a nice view (a bit Republican), or one of those collapsible clothes drying racks (a working man). By the looks of the curtain and the artwork, I'd say a nice hotel suite.

Oh, and he makes good sense with his speech. Very awesome.

A word of advice: use the ears to your advantage, Barackstar.

At some point he's going to have to show some self-depreciation here. Maybe draw attention to them. A special, larger pair of earmuffs that say "Barackstar" on them? Maybe casually pull out a giant Q-tip on the campaign bus in front of reporters? Or a set of huge Barackstar ear buds for his iPod?

Yep. Go through all of it with a knowing smile, Barackstar. People love evidence that the guy in the spotlight is an actual human. That he is having fun.

Did I mention my shirt? It will be ready in a week. Promise.

No comments: